25 October 2009

Felted wallhanging

This is a wallhanging I made several years ago and still have on my wall. It is made out of felt I first rainbow-dyed myself.








Here's how you make this:
  • Get a board (polystyrene works well) a bit bigger than the finished item
  • Put nails/pins along the sides and string some sort of thread criss-cross. I used brightly coloured weaving linen thread but any other is just as fine
  • put a bit of felt under each spot where the threads meet and then some felt on top and felt them together. That way the thread is stuck and when you take the hanging out of the board the whole lot stays together. I used soap and hot water for the felting but you could use needles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.