19 November 2013

Crazy wool-technique

Crazy wool means simply that you use wool or other fibers in whatever way that comes to your mind. I attended a class about it for 4 evenings. I just loved it!

The first panel



This panel was made on top a sturdy base fabric. Then I spread all sorts of yarns, lace and ribbons on it. The top layer is a water-soluble fabric. the whole lot was sewn together using  free stitching on a sewing machine.


Here it is after the sewing and after the soluble fabric has been washed away:


Another one made in the same way but smaller:


The second panel



This time we added also felting wool. I have lots of at home in all sorts of colours. I chose my favourites, pinks and purples.

There is a water soluble fabric both below and above the wool. Again I stitched it all together.


Here the soluble fabric is being washed away:


Then I felted the panel by hand, using also steam.


The finished panel measures 27 x 27 cm. Before the sewing and felting it was 35 x 35 cm.



The panel fitted perfectly on a cushion I had. I stitched it on it by hand.


2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.