29 December 2013

Freeform scarf




Freeform is one of my favourte techniques. You can mix many techniques, this is knitting and crochet. I began using freeform when I was still at school. The photo below was in a Finnish fashion and craft magazine in the late 70's. I took part in their competition.


The challenge in freeform is to create the work in such a way that the item stays flat and grows evenly. At the same time, it is easy to make corrections as they don't look like corrections! In the photo below the arrow points to a wedge that I added simply because the scarf had narrowed down.


I have used a number of different yarns but they are all wool or alpaca and of such weight that size 3.0 mm needles and hook were suitable.

More photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.